turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I never receive a 1099-SA for my wageworks HSA account. I do use my HSA debit card to pay doctor for many medical bills.Do I need to enter how much I used in all of 2018?

When going online to wageworks there is no option I can find for tax forms. I can see all of my payments to the doctors. I never withdrew money from this account only deposited through paycheck. Is using the debit card at the doctor office considered a distribution I have to input on my taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
Ritz

I never receive a 1099-SA for my wageworks HSA account. I do use my HSA debit card to pay doctor for many medical bills.Do I need to enter how much I used in all of 2018?

When logged into Wageworks, click on your HSA account to see more details. On the left side of the screen, you’ll see an options menu. Click on Investment Options. This will open a new web page through Wageworks. On the new page, you’ll be on an Account Summary tab. There you’ll see a link for Tax Documents. Click the Tax Documents and you will see all your previous Tax forms and, if available, your new 2018 form. As of writing this, mine is still not available, so you may need to wait a few more days.

Thank you! This was perfect! Found my 1099-SA right away after looking for days.
AG1

Wow. Thanks so much. I can't believe how hidden the 1099-SA is on Wageworks site.
cj10

Form still isn't available, but know where to find it at least.  Only Mar 23, so not like taxes are due soon or anything.
Anil23

STILL NOT AVAILABLE TODAY

Still not available 2 days prior to tax deadline

Never received a statement. Investment Options is not an option on our account. #frustrated
sssohoni

go to HSA hub, click on program details.  On that page, you will see Investment Options which when clicked will pop up a window which will show you Tax forms.  These wageworks people certainly keep us on our toes :(

Thank you for trying to help, but there is literally no "Investment Options" button in the left column under program details.  I have "Account Statement", "About this Program", "Program Options", "Eligible Expenses List", "Eligible Dependents List", "Submit Receipt or Claim", "Download Transactions", "Carryover Summary", and "Contributions". #StillFrustrated
Ritz

@jenn.friesen - when you log into wageworks and while on the “Dashboard”, do you see an option for HSA Hub in the grey menu ribbon?
Ritz

@jenn.friesen - it appears the website has changed since my original answer to get to the forms. I’m just trying to figure out if you are seeing the “old” view or the new one so I can help. I logged in on my mobile and got the old website, but on my iPad I got the new one #lame

@Ritz Thanks for checking! At the initial log in page in the grey bar there is no "HSA Hub". Just seeing "Dashboard", "Claims & Activity", "Calculators", and "Card Center". I tried logging in on my phone too and am seeing the same thing.
Ritz

@jenn.friesen - thanks, that helps! I know this next question may seem belittling or arrogant, but just trying to narrow things down. Are you sure you have an HSA and not an HRA?

@Ritz I'm a firm believer in "no question is a dumb question".  However, I was pretty darn sure it was an HSA as that's what my husband and I have always referred to it as.  In fact, upon doing some digging into our benefits package, we actually have a Health Care FSA. So do I feel dumb? lol Yes. On the other hand because you asked the question, and instead of being offended I double checked and discovered the truth of the thing, I can now finish my taxes. It's all worked out, and anyone reading this in the future will maybe double check if they can't find the documents they're looking for. Thanks for your help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies