marktrouten123

I need to know how to get a non court mandated child support. i have proof of payment and receipts for supplies but i dont know where to put it in for taxes

Hal_Al

You do not enter child support paid anywhere in TurboTax or on your federal tax return. It is not deductible nor qualifies for any credit.

You do not enter child support received, as income, in TurboTax or on your federal tax return. It is not income and does qualify for any credit. It is not considered as household income when determining eligibility for the health care subsidy

Hal_Al

However, you can record it as nontaxable income in the Sales Tax deduction section if you itemize.