Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to enter our Union Dues for myself & my spouse...as well as employment tools & uniforms... I cannot find the correct form

I need to update form 2106
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I need to enter our Union Dues for myself & my spouse...as well as employment tools & uniforms... I cannot find the correct form

To enter your union dues and uniforms:

• Go to My Account > Tools > Topic Search
  • Type 2106 in the topic search and click Go
  • Click Edit next to your occupation. If no occupation is entered, begin the interview to complete your occupation information.
  • Proceed through the interview until you get to the Job-related expenses screen. (see screenshot)
  • Enter Union dues in the description and then the amount. Repeat this step to enter your uniform expenses.
If you need to enter tools purchased that will last less than a year, repeat the steps above.  Otherwise, see below:

To enter the amount paid for tools:

• Go to My Account > Tools > Topic Search
  •  Type 2106 in the topic search and click Go
  •  Click Edit next to your occupation. If no occupation is entered, begin the interview to complete your occupation information.
  •  Continue through the interview until you get to the Did you buy or own any items for use on your job?
  • Answer Yes. 
  • On the Tell Us About the Item You Bought or Owned screen, select Tools, Machinery, Equipment, Furniture
  • On the Tell Us a Little More screen, select General purpose tools, machinery and equipment
  • On the next page, you will be able to describe the tool, enter the cost and the date it was purchased.
  • Proceed through the rest of the interview.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies