turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I make medication deliveries for hospices as part or my normal job as a pharmacist. Am i able to deduct milage to and from these locations? I have detailed travel logs.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I make medication deliveries for hospices as part or my normal job as a pharmacist. Am i able to deduct milage to and from these locations? I have detailed travel logs.

If you are an employee and receive a W-2 for your employment as a pharmacist, then the employee business expenses are no longer deductible on a federal tax return due to the tax code changes for tax years 2018 thru 2015.

If you are a self-employed pharmacist then the vehicle mileage is a business expense that can be reported on a tax return.

Are you a W-2 employee or an independent contractor?   If you are a W-2 employee the mileage is not deductible on your federal return.  If you are an independent contractor it goes on your Schedule C with any other business expenses you had.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Im w2. That takes care of that. Thanks for the reply.

"Im w2. That takes care of that."

You can discuss your situation with your employer, and perhaps you can make an arrangement for mileage reimbursement.  If not retroactive, maybe they would reimburse mileage for you in the future.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies