I'm a W2 employee. I get a travel reimbursement bu...

jdevillasante

I'm a W2 employee. I get a travel reimbursement budget. this new company I work for, sent me a 1099misc that appears like is income. How do I offset that in job expenses?

This 1099 is making it look like my business travel expenses were actually self employed Income. Is there a way to show the expenses and in what section to mitigate the tax?
Bsch4477

The travel reimbursement was probably pretax so somehow tax has to be paid on it.  The answer is that you have to treat it as self employment income and pay those taxes. 

AmeliesUncle

If the company did not do it on a pre-tax basis (which is stupid of them), it should have been added to your W-2.

Enter "8919" in the search box in the program and it should take you to the section to deal with that.

As a side note, you may want to tell the owners or executives in that business that they will save money if they find a better accounting department that knows taxes better.