turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

expatem

I live permanently in the UK. I am filing forms 1116 (passive/general) but can not locate anywhere in TurboTax to include my 2018 UK taxes paid on wages and interest.

Can anyone help?  

There appears no place in the wages and income section to list taxes paid and the questions on the two 1116 forms similarly don't seem to ask for what taxes I paid on my wages and interest.  I literally can find no where to include this information.  Is it not necessary?  I'm sure in other programmes I'd be asked what foreign taxes I've paid already on foreign income, but nothing here.  

Thanks for any help.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

I live permanently in the UK. I am filing forms 1116 (passive/general) but can not locate anywhere in TurboTax to include my 2018 UK taxes paid on wages and interest.

when did you arrive at UK ? Is this your first year and if not  how did you file earlier returns?  From your post I assume that you are US citizen/resident ( Green Card ) --yes?

expatem

Hi.  Thanks for coming back to me!  
I've lived in the UK for over two decades (and *only* in the UK).  I have no US income but yes, am a US citizen.  Previously I paid for my return to be done, this is the first time I am using a fill-in-the-blank, spit-out-the-return service.  But I know on previous returns the taxes I paid here in the UK were noted on the 1040/1116 forms.  Here there is nowhere throughout the whole 'q and a' sections that I am asked to fill in how much UK tax I've paid.  I'm quite a low earner so have never owed the US taxes, but I am eligible, because I have a child who is an American citizen, for a refund.
Thanks for any help.    
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies