turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

57courtst

I live in a Coop. The Accountant sent me a doc with the mortgage and Real Estate taxes per unit. Where do I add this in TurboTax if I don't have a 1098?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LeeM

I live in a Coop. The Accountant sent me a doc with the mortgage and Real Estate taxes per unit. Where do I add this in TurboTax if I don't have a 1098?

You would just add that 1098 to your return by entering the Mortgage Interest and Real Estate taxes in the appropriate fields.

In the Issuer's name, you can just put the name of the Coop.

You will then enter the Mortgage Interest in Box 1 and the Property (real estate) taxes in that field at the bottom of the screen.

If you have the outstanding principal balance and mortgage origination date, you should enter that as well.

57courtst

Thank you so much for your response.  I have already entered that info in the appropriate boxes but I don't have the origination date or principal balance which is what is hanging me up.  I was able to finish up my taxes but once the system reviewed everything it is again asking me to enter the principal date and origination date again.  Is there a way to proceed without this information?
LeeM

I would just enter a best estimate. The origination date would be approximately when you moved in and the outstanding principal balance would be approximately the total number of payments you have left.
57courtst

Okay.  Thank you so much for your help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies