`

I hold O1 visa and qualify as a resident for tax purposes. However, I received 1042-S. My income code is 42. How can I file my tax return in Turbotax?

Did you work as an independent contractor or employee?

I worked as a fashion model and got paid through my agency per project. Appreciate further guidance.

Did you receive any tax documents like Form W-2 or 1099MISC?

Unfortunately no. I only received 1042-S and try to understand how can I use it for my tax filing.

Please see answer below.

Per IRS, income code 42 is for Earnings as artist and athlete.  You will need to decide if you are an independent contractor or employee.  Please review Independent Contractor vs Employee

If you are an independent contractor, you would need to file a Schedule C.  Here are the steps:

1.  After sign into your account, select Take me to my account.  

2.  To your right upper corner, in the search box, type in schedule c.  Follow prompts to enter your information. 

If you are an employee, please follow these steps to enter your income:

1.  To your left, select Federal, from the top, select Wages & Income, scroll down to Less Common Income ( very                        last section on the screen) 

2.  Click on Show more drop-down menu, scroll down to Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-CStart 

3.  Select Miscellaneous IncomeOther income not already reported on a Form W-2 or Form 1099 select Start