turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

larstone

I have Turbo Tax Home and Business, and can't find the tax tables in order to see how my taxes are calculated. Where would there be a link to the tax tables?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have Turbo Tax Home and Business, and can't find the tax tables in order to see how my taxes are calculated. Where would there be a link to the tax tables?

The Tax Tables can be found in this IRS document:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040tt.pdf

However, be aware that TurboTax often does not strictly use the Tax Tables to figure your tax.  For many people, other methods have to be used.  For instance, if there are any capital gains or qualified dividends, TurboTax uses the Qualified Dividends and Capital Gain Tax Worksheet.   Another thing that can affect Tax Tables is Foreign Earned Income Exclusion.  And there are other circumstances that require other calculation methods.

You can look in Forms Mode to see what method TurboTax used to calculate your taxes.

Go into Forms Mode and from the list of forms in the left menu column, click on the Form 1040 Worksheet (abbreviated as Form 1040 Wks) to display.

Then scroll down to between Lines 10 and 11, and you will see a Tax Smart Worksheet that indicates the tax calculation method TurboTax used.

@larry1
If you were emailed the original answer, the link to the Tax Tables was missing.  It's there now.  Please return to the forum to read the full info.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies