caroline-elkhour

I have taken the childcare reimbursement for the past few years for a total of 5,000 paid out through the year. Does this make me ineligible to claim the 3k per child?

Your maximum eligible expenses for the dependent care credit is $3000 for one qualifying child and $6000 for 2 or more qualifying children.  The maximum FSA benefit is $5000.  If you have one child in care, you have already maxed out your benefit by using the $5000 FSA and can't get any additional credit.  If you have 2 or more children in care, the remaining $1000 difference between the FSA limit and the dependent credit limit is eligible for the credit. Turbotax will claim it automatically.

Do you mean a flexible spending account at work? Or something else.
caroline-elkhour

yes