trace-symonds

I have already filed for 2020 and discovered that I did make $650 in donations to charity. Does anyone know if we can claim the $300 credit in 21 for 20's tax return?

The cares act provides a $300 credit if you do not itemize.  This year, the standard deduction was more than my itemizations so I looked for donations but forgot those I made through my paycheck.  I've already filed.  I know I can amend but not sure if the additional refund would be worth it.  Looking to see if we can carry over this credit to 2021?
Bsch4477

No, you can’t carry over the credit. FYI in 2021 the maximum donation goes up from $300 to $600 for married filing jointly. 

DavidD66

No, you can't claim 2020 deductions on your 2021 return.  If you did not itemize your deductions, and you made cash contributions to a qualified charity, then you can claim an above the line deduction of up to $300.  If you've already filed your return, then you will have to file an amended return to take the deduction.  To amend with TurboTax, see the following Help Article:

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed