Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lovnppl

I got paid mileage for using my personal car? Is it on my W-2?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

It depends, but probably is not reported on your W2.  If your employer used a qualified accountable plan, any amounts you received for mileage is reimbursement and is not taxable.  If they did not use an accountable plan, it would be income taxable to you and would be reported on Form W2.  But, since these expenses are no longer deductible at the personal level, (but still are at the business level with an accountable plan), it is more likely than not that your reimbursement is non-taxable and non-reportable on your return, but check with your employer to be certain.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

It depends, but probably is not reported on your W2.  If your employer used a qualified accountable plan, any amounts you received for mileage is reimbursement and is not taxable.  If they did not use an accountable plan, it would be income taxable to you and would be reported on Form W2.  But, since these expenses are no longer deductible at the personal level, (but still are at the business level with an accountable plan), it is more likely than not that your reimbursement is non-taxable and non-reportable on your return, but check with your employer to be certain.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies