Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got $1892 Home Energy Credit after I entered expenses for my new Heat Pumper Water Heater, but such credit becomes 0 on the last summary page of Deduction and Credits?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I got $1892 Home Energy Credit after I entered expenses for my new Heat Pumper Water Heater, but such credit becomes 0 on the last summary page of Deduction and Credits?

You need to have taxable income to receive the energy credit. It may be that your income is too low to qualify for the credit.  

You can see a summary of your tax return while in TurboTax by doing the following: 

1. Find the "Tax Tools" option on your left menu bar and click on it 

2. Click on "Tools" 

3. Click on "View Tax Summary" 

This will allow you to see if you have any income tax or credits. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for your information.

I should have enough taxable income. Actually, it does increase my return amount once I entered the cost of my heat pump water heater. It also displays the tax credit on that page. I also followed your instruction and did see the Total credits to include the that amount. It just listed as 0 on the last page of Deductions & Credits.

Credit 1725.pngCredit 0.png

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

I don't have an answer for that. If you go to forms mode, you should see form 5695. This is where the credit is calculated.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks. I did check the form and saw that credit there. So, most likely, this is a Turbo Tax software bug.

Not sure where to report this.

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies