Ladylove69

I found my taxes I filed with my daughter who’s in college she was home with me for the year because of the pandemic am I entitled to the child credit

AR_CPA2
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

Are you saying that you claimed your daughter as a dependent?  How old is your daughter?

If you're claiming her as dependent then yes you're entitled to Child Tax Credit or Other Dependent Credit - the amount depends on her age

AR_CPA2
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

If she is under 17 years then you may get up to $2,000 but if she is over 17 then $500

To get the Child Tax Credit she had to be UNDER 17 on Dec 31, 2020.  You can still claim her as a other dependent if she is under 24 and a full time student.