turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I found my taxes I filed with my daughter who’s in college she was home with me for the year because of the pandemic am I entitled to the child credit

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AR_CPA2
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

I found my taxes I filed with my daughter who’s in college she was home with me for the year because of the pandemic am I entitled to the child credit

Are you saying that you claimed your daughter as a dependent?  How old is your daughter?

If you're claiming her as dependent then yes you're entitled to Child Tax Credit or Other Dependent Credit - the amount depends on her age

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
AR_CPA2
Employee Tax & Finance Expert

If she is under 17 years then you may get up to $2,000 but if she is over 17 then $500

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To get the Child Tax Credit she had to be UNDER 17 on Dec 31, 2020.  You can still claim her as a other dependent if she is under 24 and a full time student.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies