Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filled out the foreign income section in TurboTax to claim the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion and was successful. How can I confirm my 1040 includes Form 2555?

I see "Form 2555-Foreign Earned Inc/Housing Exl" on "Schedule 1 - Additional Income and Adjustments" Line 21, but not sure if this implies official completion of Form 2555. If anyone can help answer this, I'd be very grateful! Thank you.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

I filled out the foreign income section in TurboTax to claim the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion and was successful. How can I confirm my 1040 includes Form 2555?

Yes, if you see "Form 2555-Foreign Earned Inc/Housing Exl" on "Schedule 1 - Additional Income and Adjustments" Line 21 and the negative amount then this means you completed the Form 2555 successfully. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you see "Form 2555-Foreign Earned Inc/Housing Exl" on "Schedule 1 - Additional Income and Adjustments" Line 21 and the negative amount then this means you completed the Form 2555 successfully. 

Thank you Dana. I will also file Form 2350 (Application for Extension of Time
To File U.S. Income Tax Return) on my own as I believe TurboTax does not support this Form. If I will not officially file my Federal taxes until then, is it fine that my Form 2555 will be extended with my 1040?
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Yes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies