Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I dont Vehicle registration worksheet

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

The vehicle registration worksheet is used to report your use of a vehicle on your Itemized Deductions list. There, the license plates fees are deductible (depending on where you live-not all states count)

If you are running a business, then you can take a deduction. That can be either the actual expenses or the standard mileage deduction, whichever is greater, as long as you reported the standard mileage deduction in the first year the vehicle was used. It is best to keep a careful mileage log with a note describing the business purpose. 

If you do not need the vehicle registration worksheet at all, go to Tax Tools>Tools>Delete a form. Scroll down to the worksheet in question, click delete. Follow the rest of the prompts.

des1919

I have my name under a car but dont pay for it so do i have to put that on my taxes?

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

You do not own the vehicle so you cannot claim standard vehicle mileage which includes depreciation and other ownership costs.

You can claim actual out of pocket vehicle costs, such as gasoline, oil, tires and maintenance.

See also here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies