• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1910juliet

I donated a life insurance policy to a college, and they surrendered the policy. Is any part of the amount they received deductible by me?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I donated a life insurance policy to a college, and they surrendered the policy. Is any part of the amount they received deductible by me?

You should be able to deduct the surrender value of the policy as a charitable donation to the college.  They must give you a receipt showing the date of the donation and the value.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Rainman12
Level 10

Possibly. You must have written confirmation from the college to validate the deduction.
Anita01

You should be able to deduct the surrender value of the policy as a charitable donation to the college.  They must give you a receipt showing the date of the donation and the value.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v