turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I donated a life insurance policy to a college, and they surrendered the policy. Is any part of the amount they received deductible by me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I donated a life insurance policy to a college, and they surrendered the policy. Is any part of the amount they received deductible by me?

You should be able to deduct the surrender value of the policy as a charitable donation to the college.  They must give you a receipt showing the date of the donation and the value.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Possibly. You must have written confirmation from the college to validate the deduction.
Anita01

You should be able to deduct the surrender value of the policy as a charitable donation to the college.  They must give you a receipt showing the date of the donation and the value.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies