I don't see a place to take my capital gains exception for the sale of my home earlier this year. Where is that found? In deductions or elsewhere?

Type> home sale <in the find box. Then click "jump to". That will take you to the entry point in TurboTax

The sale is reported on form 8949, with code H in column (f).

Unless you received a form 1099-S (it's usually in your closing documents), you do not even have to report the sale of you main residence, if you are eligible for a full exclusion (exception).