Solved: I didn't receive a 1099-SA for my HSA what do I do?

I didn't receive a 1099-SA for my HSA what do I do?

Did you take any distributions from your HSA to pay for qualified medical expenses during the tax year?

If not, you would not receive a 1099-SA, so in the HSA interview (Federal Taxes->Deductions & Credits->Medical, click on "HSA MSA Contributions"), just skip adding a 1099-SA.

But if you did take distributions, you need to contact your HSA plan administrator (the bank or financial institution that gave you the debit card to pay for qualified medical expenses with) and get a copy of the 1099-SA.

I would try logging on to the HSA plan administrator's website to see if there is an online copy; otherwise call them and see if they can email you a copy.

[Edited 3/10/2020 2:39 pm CDT - made year-neutral]