Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ITP

I did Uber & food delivery for DoorDash. Is it OK to take DD income & add to rideshare? I kept general mileage records w/ QBSE (didn't always separate 1 from another)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
EvanP

I did Uber & food delivery for DoorDash. Is it OK to take DD income & add to rideshare? I kept general mileage records w/ QBSE (didn't always separate 1 from another)

If you worked for Uber and DoorDash, you'll need to report that as self-employed income in Schedule C. 

Do not report this as DD income as W-2.

If you tracked your mileage in QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE), you'll be able to import your mileage into TurboTax, and it'll go into a Schedule C. If you've already started your tax return in TurboTax Online, you'll be able to log into QBSE, go through the Tax Checklist, and send the mileage information to TurboTax, as well as anything else you may have tracked in QBSE.

ITP

I went and added another 1099 misc to the income. The question box didn't let me elaborate with limited characters. I thought my qbse+turbotax subscription paid for tax help online but apparently I still need to pay another $75 for the privilege of getting live help.
ITP

I just noticed something odd... suspicious... disturbing... it seems, unless I don't understand it, that my income is being reported twice?

There is NO WAY I made 40k!

INCOME
1099-MISC - Uber Technologies, Inc.
$2,795
1099-MISC - Uber Technologies, Inc.
$2,795
1099-MISC - DoorDash Inc
$5,940
Additional income (1099-K, income not reported on a form)
$41,736
EvanP

With your subscription, you should be able to call our support line through the Contact link in TurboTax without problems. You'll find this on the upper right side of the screen once you've logged in.

If you're quoting the $75 charge, you may be thinking about Expert Services, which allows you to speak with tax experts like CPAs and EAs. You do NOT need to pay that charge to call our support line for your situation.
ITP

Type of income 1099-K Uber Technologies, Inc. Amount Amount $20,868 Type of income Type of income 1099-K Uber Technologies, Inc. Amount Amount
EvanP

From what you're telling me, if it looks like you're seeing duplicate entries, you are able to update them. It seems like you might have 2 1099-MISCs for your Uber work (instead of one), as well as double the 1099-K income.

If that's true, you can go delete one of the 1099-MISCs for Uber since it's duplicate, then update the Additional Income info by dividing the 1099-K Uber number you're seeing there in half.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies