edseidel1

I did a tax-free exchange of real property under Section 1031 in 2019. Which version(s) of TurboTax will correctly complete all tax-reporting forms?

tagteam

If you are planning to use an Online version of TurboTax, you should purchase TurboTax Premier or Self-Employed (the latter if you have income from self employment).

You could use any desktop (CD/Download) version of TurboTax, but TurboTax Premier will give you more guidance than the lower versions. 

Personally, I would recommend using a desktop (installed) version, particularly TurboTax Premier, since it will allow you to access Forms Mode which can be invaluable for your scenario.

To report the like-kind exchange of property under section 1031 you would need to file a Form 8824, Like-Kind Exchanges.  Using the TurboTax online edition you will need the Premier edition or higher for a Form 8824.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen

Click on Tools

Click on Topic Search

Enter like kind.  With like kind highlighted click on GO