Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

edseidel1

I did a tax-free exchange of real property under Section 1031 in 2019. Which version(s) of TurboTax will correctly complete all tax-reporting forms?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I did a tax-free exchange of real property under Section 1031 in 2019. Which version(s) of TurboTax will correctly complete all tax-reporting forms?

If you are planning to use an Online version of TurboTax, you should purchase TurboTax Premier or Self-Employed (the latter if you have income from self employment).

You could use any desktop (CD/Download) version of TurboTax, but TurboTax Premier will give you more guidance than the lower versions. 

Personally, I would recommend using a desktop (installed) version, particularly TurboTax Premier, since it will allow you to access Forms Mode which can be invaluable for your scenario.

To report the like-kind exchange of property under section 1031 you would need to file a Form 8824, Like-Kind Exchanges.  Using the TurboTax online edition you will need the Premier edition or higher for a Form 8824.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen

Click on Tools

Click on Topic Search

Enter like kind.  With like kind highlighted click on GO

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies