Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I can't find where I claim childcare expenses

1 Reply
New Member

I can't find where I claim childcare expenses

To enter the Child and Dependent Care information in your return, you will need to you will need to log in to your TurboTax Online account, or open your TurboTax Desktop program, if you are not already in your account, and then you will choose to continue your return. Once in your account, you will choose Take me to my return.   

  • Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Deductions & Credits
  • You are brought to Your Deductions & Credits
  • Click on "Check for more tax breaks"
  • Click on "Skip to all tax breaks"
  • Scroll down to You and Your Family
  • Next to Child and Dependent Care click on Update or Edit
  • After you click on Update or Edit, you will be able to enter the information.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies