Solved: I believe a portion of my refund was intercepted for child support debt but child support hasnt received it..how would I look into this matter

42gemangel

I believe a portion of my refund was intercepted for child support debt but child support hasnt received it..how would I look into this matter

JohnR

You can call the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107 at any point to learn more about the amount of your debt.  

The IRS or the Department of Treasury's Financial Management Service (FMS), which issues IRS tax refunds, can offset or reduce your federal tax refund or withhold the entire amount to satisfy the debt. Any portion of your refund remaining after an offset will be refunded to you.

More info about refund offsets, including contact info and the appeals process, is at IRS.gov (Tax Topic 203).

JohnR