turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I believe a portion of my refund was intercepted for child support debt but child support hasnt received it..how would I look into this matter

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnR

I believe a portion of my refund was intercepted for child support debt but child support hasnt received it..how would I look into this matter

You can call the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107 at any point to learn more about the amount of your debt.  

The IRS or the Department of Treasury's Financial Management Service (FMS), which issues IRS tax refunds, can offset or reduce your federal tax refund or withhold the entire amount to satisfy the debt. Any portion of your refund remaining after an offset will be refunded to you.

More info about refund offsets, including contact info and the appeals process, is at IRS.gov (Tax Topic 203).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnR

You can call the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107 at any point to learn more about the amount of your debt.  

The IRS or the Department of Treasury's Financial Management Service (FMS), which issues IRS tax refunds, can offset or reduce your federal tax refund or withhold the entire amount to satisfy the debt. Any portion of your refund remaining after an offset will be refunded to you.

More info about refund offsets, including contact info and the appeals process, is at IRS.gov (Tax Topic 203).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies