arshep1

I am confused as to whether or not I can deduct any expenses related to work if am a W-2 employee. Can you please advise me as to what can be deducted

I would like to know if I can deduct any business related business if I am a W-2 employee for 2018.  If so, what are those specific deductions?

MinhT

Up to tax year 2017, job-related expenses as an employee were deductible as an itemized deduction subject to the 2% of AGI floor.

Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the itemized deductions for job-related expenses subject to the 2% of AGI floor are suspended for expenses incurred after December 31, 2017 through 2025.

Therefore, your job-related expenses are no longer deductible for tax year 2018.

MinhT