I am an in home caregiver I drive to my clients houses for work am I able to claim mileage? I work for a company not self employed.

From home to first location and last location back to home are considered commuting miles which are not deductible.

However mileage "in between" is deductible.

Your mileage is considered an employee business expensen which you can only deduct if you itemize your deductions (medical, mortgage interest, property taxes, charitable deductions, ect) and if the total of your miscellaneous expenses (including employee business expenses) are greater than 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income. So, you may not gain a tax benefit for this deduction

For example, if you itemize your deductions and your Adjusted Gross income is $50,000, 2% would equal $1,000.

You can only deduct the dollar amount that exceeds $1,000.

When you enter it, TurboTax will give the maximum benefit, if any.

Job-related expenses are reported on Form 2106 (Employee Business Expenses).

To enter job related deductions:

• Type in 2106 in the search box, top right of your screen, then click the magnifying glass

• Click the jump to 2106 link in the search results.

• Follow the prompts and onscreen instructions.