turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a home health aide and I work for a w2 company, but I also work for a 1099 company. Can I claim a mileage deduction when I drive from my 1099 Client to my W2 client on the same day?

I am a home health aide and I work for a w2 company, but I also work for a 1099 company. Can I claim a mileage deduction when I drive from my 1099 Client to my W2 client on the same day?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Yes, from a regular job to a second job is deductible.

So how much time inbetween is ok.  Can you have lunch then go to your next job and still deduct miles?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If the client is in the same location every day and that is your only client, the mileage might be considered commuting and as such would not be deductible.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have one client all week, but one day a week I have 2.  So, when I go from my regular client (client #1) to my one day a week client (client #2), I think that is deductible.  But, do I have to go immediately to the 2nd client, or can I stop for lunch if it is on the way and then go to the second client and deduct those miles from Client #1 to Client #2?  What is the time frame to get to the other client?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies