tjames1616

I am a float team member for my job so i work at a different location each day i dont get reimbursted for mileage am i able to use these miles i drive daily as deductions

i am a float team member so each day i work at a different hospital location. am i able to use these miles driven to each place as a deduction? i do not have a home location im a floater so i go everywhere we are not reimbursed for the mileage

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

Generally, local mileage is non-deductible commuting, even if to different locations.  It becomes deductible if it is outside the normal commuting area of where you are principally employed.  (Unfortunately, the IRS doesn't define "normal commuting area" and it would vary for almost all different locations.)