Solved: I already filed my income tax, but I didn't file m...

hmongcorn

I already filed my income tax, but I didn't file my property tax. How do I file my property tax now? I can't find any option on Turbotax when I logged in. Thank you.

I am using Turbotax free edition. Is the only way is to amend?

HelenC12

If you e-filed your return, you won't be able to change it. It's like putting a letter in the mailbox. You can't retrieve it.

• You'll have to wait until the IRS accepts or rejects your return.

If your return gets rejected, you'll be able to change your property tax amount and submit the corrected return.

If your return gets accepted and the amount of property taxes change your refund or amount due, yes, you'll need to amend your income tax return. See  Do I need to amend? 

• NOTE: At this time, you're not able to  amend a 2020 income tax return. As of today, it's estimated that the IRS will finalize the 1040X form on 3/25/2021. However check the forms availability to see any updates to that date. 

Note: Generally, Form 1040-X,  Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, must be filed within three years of the date the original return was filed, or within two years of the date the tax was paid, whichever is later.

If the amount of your property taxes only changes your state refund or amount due, see I need to amend my state return.

HelenC12