turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gambel9t

How do I know if I had an earned tax credit or additional child credit...i make 26000and 2 kids... will this be a delay for everyone or just some?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

How do I know if I had an earned tax credit or additional child credit...i make 26000and 2 kids... will this be a delay for everyone or just some?

Everyone who claims these credits is subject to the PATH regulation.

By law, the IRS cannot issue refunds for people claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) before mid-February 2019.

• The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with EITC or ACTC.

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting in late February, if direct deposit was used and there are no other issues with the tax return.

• This additional period is due to several factors, including the Presidents Day holiday and banking and financial systems needing time to process deposits.

This law change, which took effect at the beginning of 2017, helps ensure that taxpayers receive the refund they’re due by giving the IRS more time to detect and prevent fraud.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies