turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i get a form 1098 for my mortgage

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If your mortgage is through a traditional lender (bank, credit union, etc...), the form should be completed by them no later than  Jan 31st each year. Most lenders will mail you a copy the first or second week of Feb, and many others will make them available for download for their online users around the same time. If you have not received a 1098 for your mortgage by mid-Feb, log into your mortgage servicer's website and look for "statements" or "tax forms."  

If all else fails, call your lender or servicer and ask them to mail you a copy- their contact information should be on the last mortgage statement.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your mortgage is through a traditional lender (bank, credit union, etc...), the form should be completed by them no later than  Jan 31st each year. Most lenders will mail you a copy the first or second week of Feb, and many others will make them available for download for their online users around the same time. If you have not received a 1098 for your mortgage by mid-Feb, log into your mortgage servicer's website and look for "statements" or "tax forms."  

If all else fails, call your lender or servicer and ask them to mail you a copy- their contact information should be on the last mortgage statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies