hub02rob

How do I enter my teacher expense deduction? The program will not open " enter your information". It will take me back to beginning of teacher expense deduction.

SamiaI

To enter your Educator Expenses in TurboTax:

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
  • Click My Account (top right of your screen).
  • Select Tools.
  • In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
  • In the search bar, type teacher.
  • In the results box, highlight teacher classroom expenses, then click GO.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.

If you are a teacher, instructor, counselor, aide, or principal that works at least 900 hours in a school that provides kindergarten through 12th grade education, you can deduct up to $250 of any un-reimbursed expenses for books, supplies, equipment, etc. that you use in the classroom as an above-the-line deduction on your tax return. You may be able to take the excess amounts (above $250) of un-reimbursed expenses as an itemized deduction on Schedule A.

SamiaI

• Select Tools.
  • In the search bar, type teacher.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions.