Solved: How do I enter into the program a tax payment I sent in during November 2016? I would like to get credit for sending it in prior to 2017.

robberydetail

How do I enter into the program a tax payment I sent in during November 2016? I would like to get credit for sending it in prior to 2017.

The payment I sent in was greater than all estimated tax payments due for 2016. I don’t see a question asking about payments made in the last quarter of 2016.

RichardG

Please go to Federal Taxes>Deductions & Credits>Estimates and other taxes paid>Estimates.  Then select Federal estimated taxes for 2016.  Answer yes on the next screen, the advance to the screen to enter your quarterly estimated payments.  Select the "Enter More Payments" button on that screen.  See screenshot below. 

RichardG