turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter into the program a tax payment I sent in during November 2016? I would like to get credit for sending it in prior to 2017.

The payment I sent in was greater than all estimated tax payments due for 2016. I don’t see a question asking about payments made in the last quarter of 2016.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

How do I enter into the program a tax payment I sent in during November 2016? I would like to get credit for sending it in prior to 2017.

Please go to Federal Taxes>Deductions & Credits>Estimates and other taxes paid>Estimates.  Then select Federal estimated taxes for 2016.  Answer yes on the next screen, the advance to the screen to enter your quarterly estimated payments.  Select the "Enter More Payments" button on that screen.  See screenshot below. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RichardG

Please go to Federal Taxes>Deductions & Credits>Estimates and other taxes paid>Estimates.  Then select Federal estimated taxes for 2016.  Answer yes on the next screen, the advance to the screen to enter your quarterly estimated payments.  Select the "Enter More Payments" button on that screen.  See screenshot below. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies