Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I electronically submit my property tax refund after I've filed my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I electronically submit my property tax refund after I've filed my taxes?

For what state?  If you mean for MN---mail it.

TurboTax will prepare the Form M1PR for you to print. Towards the end of the step-by-step interview for Minnesota you will reach the Other Forms You May Need screen. To have the M1PR prepared and made available for printing, make sure you check the Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR) check box on the Other Forms You May Need screen, then follow the prompts through the end of the interview.

You can also file your M1PR free of charge at the MN Dept. of Revenue Property Tax Refund site, and if you're a homeowner, you can e-file it through the MN DOR's Property Tax Refund Online Filing System.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

To clarify, is this for the state of Minnesota?

@kjenderseck 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, MN

JulieS
Expert Alumni

No, you can only e-file your M1PR when you prepare your Minnesota taxes in TurboTax. If you e-file your Minnesota return without Form M1PR, you can't go back and e-file it later in TurboTax.

You can prepare it in TurboTax, print, sign, and mail it in. To do that in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Select Add State. 
  3. Select State Taxes, then Your State Returns.
  4. Select Edit to the right of Minnesota. 
  5. Answer all the questions until you get to the Other Forms You May Need, and select Property Tax Refund (Form M1PR), then Continue.
  6. Continue until you get to the Filing instructions screen, and select Print Form M1PR.
  7. Mail the printout by August 15 to:

Minnesota Property Tax Refund

Mail Station 0020
600 N. Robert St.
St. Paul, MN 55145-0020

If you are the homeowner, you can e-file it directly on the MNDOR website. Follow this link to learn more about that. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies