acneslen

How do I claim my dependent daycare expenses if they are not itemized by child, but rather given as a total for my 2 children?

I have 2 children that were in daycare last year, but the daycare provider only gave us the total amount we paid total for the 2 children.  The turbo tax questions ask to provide it for each child.
RichardG

I would assume the cost per child is the same, so enter half the total for each child.

acneslen

Is there a maximum per child because it wasn't exactly the same as one of them attended preschool during part of the week.  I have no problems just splitting it down the middle, but want to make sure there is not a max or anything that would change my deduction.
RichardG

You can claim up to $3,000 in expenses per dependent with a maximum of $6,000 in expenses for two or more dependents.