Solved: How can I figure out the percentage of my phone and wireless internet bill that I can write off for my home business?

tvandbz

How can I figure out the percentage of my phone and wireless internet bill that I can write off for my home business?

AmyT

You can calculate an average percentage that it is used for the business as opposed to personal use.

For example, if you use the phone exclusively for work, then 100% of the phone portion of the bill would be business-related.  If you also use the internet, on average, 80% of the time for the business, then 80% of the internet portion of the bill would be deductible.

AmyT