Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How can I apply for ITIN if I'm in the Philippines (outside US)?

Who can apply ITIN in my behalf?
1 Reply
New Member

How can I apply for ITIN if I'm in the Philippines (outside US)?

You can mail in the IRS application form to obtain an ITINForm W-7, along with required documentation substantiating foreign/alien status and the applicant's true identity from outside of the U.S.

Alternatively, Form W-7 with required documentation can be presented in person at IRS walk-in offices, or processed through an Acceptance Agent authorized by the IRS.

To obtain an ITIN, you must complete IRS Form W-7, IRS Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number

The Form W-7 requires documentation substantiating foreign/alien status and true identity for each individual. You may either mail the documentation, along with the Form W-7, to the address shown in the Form W-7 Instructions, present it at IRS walk-in offices, or process your application through an Acceptance Agent authorized by the IRS.

The IRS provides the following instructions on how to an apply for an ITIN:

How do I apply for an ITIN?
Use the latest revision of Form W-7, Application for IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number to apply. Attach a valid federal income tax return, unless you qualify for an exception, and include your original proof of identity or copies certified by issuing agency and foreign status documents.

Because you are filing your tax return as an attachment to your ITIN application, you should not mail your return to the address listed in the Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ instructions. Instead, send your return, Form W-7 and proof of identity and foreign status documents to:

     Internal Revenue Service
     Austin Service Center
     ITIN Operation
     P.O. Box 149342
     Austin, TX 78714-9342

You may also apply using the services of an IRS-authorized 
Acceptance Agent or visit some key IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center in lieu of mailing your information to the IRS in Austin. Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TACs) in the United States provide in-person help with ITIN applications on an appointment basis only. The IRS's ITIN Unit in Austin issues all numbers through the mail.

For additional information about ITINs, please see the following IRS topic: 



Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings