turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rparmer

Home Office Deduction

I have worked out of a home office for several years, but during 2020 my wife also worked out of one in our home for approximately 9 months, but I cannot see away to enter both mine and hers.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Home Office Deduction

You don't say what kind of business the home office's relate to. Out of pocket expenses for a W-2 job are no longer deductible. That includes a home office.

If you each have your own separate SCH C business, then the home office for each business is dealt with separately for each business. So when entering the SCH C for your business you'll deal with your home office there. Then when entering the SCH C for the wife's business you'll deal with her home office there.

Home Office Deduction

If your wife is a W-2 employee, who like many others worked from home, sorry but there are no federal deductions for a home office for her W-2 job.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies