Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ltexas

Home Energy Tax Credit Not inputting information on form 5695 correctly

I entered the information for a new heater and air conditioner, it shows the credit on the credit review screen, but when it goes to the next screen, total deductions and credits it shows -0-.

I went to see what was entered into form 5695, and the fields indicating if it the home was in the us, my primary home, if i was the original user, if I placed it in service all are marked "NO", when I marked them yes when filling out. Therefore, the credit doesn't qualify.

I tried changing the form directly but that didn't take affect. This needs to be fixed asap!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
ltexas

I forgot, it also marked that I replaced windows, not an air conditioner!!

Have you updated your TurboTax desktop edition to the latest release?

Click on Online and then Check for Updates.

If your software is at the latest release, then go to Forms and delete the Form 5695.

After the 5695 has been deleted go back through the Home Energy Credit section again from the start.

To enter Home Energy Credits -

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
Click on Deductions and Credit
Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
Under Your Home
On Home Energy Credits, click the start or update button

After completing the Home Energy Credit section do you still have the same problem?

ltexas

I am still having the same problem. The program is filling in the “no” when I select “yes”  I am ready to do e-file, but can’t. Monday is the due date. What can I do to make this work??

@ltexas wrote:

I am still having the same problem. The program is filling in the “no” when I select “yes”  I am ready to do e-file, but can’t. Monday is the due date. What can I do to make this work??

Did you delete the Form 5695 and then go through the Home Energy Credit section again from the very start?

Did you check to make sure that you are at the latest release of the software?

ltexas

I deleted the form checked multiple times if I had the updated form, updated version re-entered everything and the form is still taking the data wrong. Unless you have put a new form out there since the last time you asked me to make this change it is not working if you have made an update to the system since the last time I answered you then I have not checked it. Confirm whether or not you have made a change and put out a new version since I last answered this question 

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Did you look at form 5695 to see if you received the credit?  It appears the summary screen is wonky at times and if you go back into a section repeatedly, the answer frequently has a default.

So look at form 5695 and Schedule 3 line 5 to see if you actually did get the credit. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ltexas

I did go back in delete form 5695, and went thru the “deductions” section again for that form (4th time). Apparently they had finally fixed the problem and the form was being filled out correctly from the questionnaire portion of the application. Thank you for the input

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies