Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hey-bub

Hi TurboTax! Where do I enter a business expense for the annual fee for Microsoft Online Services (Office 365, eMail, etc)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
HelenC1
Expert Alumni

Hi TurboTax! Where do I enter a business expense for the annual fee for Microsoft Online Services (Office 365, eMail, etc)?

The cost of any apps and online tools you use to run your business, such as subscriptions to Adobe Creative CloudEvernote, or Dropbox can be claimed under Less common expenses, Office expenses

1. On the Tell us about any expenses for XXX screen, scroll down to Less common expenses, Office expenses. Click Continue.
  2. On the Let's enter the office expenses for your XXX work, scroll down to enter your subscription amount(s).

[Edited 2-25-18|8:58 am PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HelenC1
Expert Alumni

The cost of any apps and online tools you use to run your business, such as subscriptions to Adobe Creative CloudEvernote, or Dropbox can be claimed under Less common expenses, Office expenses

1. On the Tell us about any expenses for XXX screen, scroll down to Less common expenses, Office expenses. Click Continue.
  2. On the Let's enter the office expenses for your XXX work, scroll down to enter your subscription amount(s).

[Edited 2-25-18|8:58 am PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

Assuming this is for a SCH C business.

Under Business Expenses - Other Common Business Expenses you have several places where this could be entered. Pick the one you feel is most appropriate for you.

Office Expenses - You can classify it as such for obvious reasons

Rental Expenses - You are basically "renting" the right to use the software from MicroSoft, since you have to pay for it on a recurring basis, even if that basis is only once a year.

Other Miscellaneous Expenses - If you feel the prior two sections are not appropriate.

The post by @barodius64 is just advertising for a backup solution.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies