Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi I just arrive to US in July 2016 with TN visa but I am paying child support to my kids in Mexico. Is it possible to deduce the mexican Child support for taxes in US?

Hi I just arrive to US in July 2016 with TN visa but I am paying child support to my kids in Mexico. Is it possible to deduce the mexican Child support for taxes in US?

I get a kid 15 years old and 20 and 22 daughters full time students in Mexico. And I am still sending money to them. 

There are many questions:

May I request a refund for mexican Child Support even if they are not US citizen or they live with me? if so what I need to do to get the refund? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Child support is never deductible on a federal tax return regardless of whether you and the children lived in the U.S. or somewhere else.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Child support is never deductible on a federal tax return regardless of whether you and the children lived in the U.S. or somewhere else.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies