turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi I just arrive to US in July 2016 with TN visa but I am paying child support to my kids in Mexico. Is it possible to deduce the mexican Child support for taxes in US?

Hi I just arrive to US in July 2016 with TN visa but I am paying child support to my kids in Mexico. Is it possible to deduce the mexican Child support for taxes in US?

I get a kid 15 years old and 20 and 22 daughters full time students in Mexico. And I am still sending money to them. 

There are many questions:

May I request a refund for mexican Child Support even if they are not US citizen or they live with me? if so what I need to do to get the refund? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Child support is never deductible on a federal tax return regardless of whether you and the children lived in the U.S. or somewhere else.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Child support is never deductible on a federal tax return regardless of whether you and the children lived in the U.S. or somewhere else.

Manage cookies