erictheduke

health care premium tax credit

I am not eligible for the Premium tax credit because my employer offers me health care but I choose to get my health care from an Obamacare exchange.

Turbotax is giving me the credit and did not ask me if my employer offered me health care or not.  How can I stop turbotax from giving me this credit?

npierson7

health care premium tax credit

If you got your health care from an Obamacare exchange and received Form 1095-A, you must include it to your tax return. TurboTax isn't giving you the credit, the program need to determine if any premium tax credit was paid to you during the year. 

erictheduke

health care premium tax credit

When I signed up for Obamacare, I specifically told them not to advance me the premium tax credit because I am not entitled to it.  Now, turbotax it giving me the credit when I prepare my taxes.  I can't stop turbotax from giving me the credit.

health care premium tax credit

You  are eligible for the credit if you bought the insurance  thru the ACA marketplace and your income is within the allowed range. So if you didn't take it in advance you can get it on the return even if the employer offered you insurance at work. 

erictheduke

health care premium tax credit

You are not entitled to the credit if your employer offers an affordable health care plan.  My employer offers an affordable plan but I choose to get me health care from the exchange.