Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

martdiana2002
Returning Member

Has anyone got their investment sales updated for 2020 yet

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Unclear what you mean by "investment sales updated"  - are you asking about having manually loading investment activity data into TurboTax 2020?    Or are you asking about ability to upload from an investment firm?

You have not clearly stated what your activity is.

If you are asking about a financial service firm, such as a brokerage, that provides you your annual statement of taxable investment activity, that Form 1099-B/DIV/INT is not required to be available until after the end of January.  The Form 1099-B in February.

If you are asking about a year-end or December, 2020,. ending statement from a brokerage, as most firms send out monthly  reports some 5 days or so after month-end, that will not be available until early January.

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
martdiana2002
Returning Member

I can not load any data in that section since it indicates the Gov't has not released.  It tells me it will be ready soon and to check back and TURBO TAX WILL HELP ME FINISH UP.  This stops me from doing projections b4 the year end since there is only 1.5 days left to make changes.   I ordered it (TT) in mid November do I have a fault in my Disc?

Also does the same on Sales tax

TT does not provide updates for areas that are still pending with the IRS.  it says certain forms won't be ready until mid February.  even after the forms are approved by the IRS it takes time for TT to update the programming. 

there may be a way to do the projection - use form 1099-DIV enter your LTCG as a capital gain dividend and net short term capital gains as ordinary dividends (not qualified)

@martdiana2002 - if you are using the desktop version, just go into Forms View - it works fine...

understand that even though there are folks that use Turbo tax to estimate their tax position and make decisions based on that, that is not the purpose of the software - note there is nothing in the marketing material that suggests the software is to be used for estimates/ forecasting, etc.   

Turbo tax is beholden to the IRS's documents and IRS's review of their software before it is released to us.  The IRS only cares that the software correctly calculates what is due on april 15, not what tax strategies we employ in December.

ps since you posted this today, isn't the year over? why are there 1.5 days left to make changes?????

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies