Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 5695

How can I add form 5695 to my 2019 Federal Returns that I just filed in Turbo Tax 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MayaD
Expert Alumni

Form 5695

If you already filed your return you need to amend to make any changes.

Wait until your return has been fully processes and you received your refund ( if you are expecting a refund ), then amend your return. 

Here's how you amend your return:

1. Sign in to your account.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents , select 2019 and then Amend (change) return
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Follow the instructions, your refund or tax due will change to 0. This is normal on amended returns.

Amended return can't be e-file, you need to print it and mail it in.

On the Tax Home web page when the Form 1040X for amending a 2019 tax return becomes available there will be a link - Amend (change) return. Form 1040X will be available on 02/27/2020.

To add for 5695:

1. Log in to your Account.
  2. Go to Federal Taxes.
  3. Go to Deductions and Credits.
  4. Scroll down Your Home and click show more.
  5. Scroll down to Home Energy Credits.
  6. At the bottom of the Energy-Saving Home Improvements screen, answer Yes, then select Continue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 5695

I'm using TT Home & Business and it keeps saying TT is up-to-date but form 5695 is not ready, saying that "DO NOT FILE" ?? When is it supposed to be updated????

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Form 5695

Forms can be e-filed but not yet ready for printing and mailing, especially state forms. Oftentimes, bar codes and other special formatting on the paper version takes longer to be approved by the state agency.

Don't worry about the DO NOT FILE message since you have already e-filed and you're just reviewing copies for your records. We don't let you e-file a return with non-final forms. If the DO NOT FILE watermark on your copy bothers you, you can re-print once the paper version of the form has been finalized.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/why-does-do-not-file-form-not-final-appear-on-my-printo...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies