Step6

energy efficient window install

We are planning on installing energy efficient windows soon. The window company is telling me that I will get a $1,200 tax credit. After doing some research it seems as that may not be true. Just trying to get some input on this matter. 

energy efficient window install

The company is misinformed.  The current credit is a maximum of $200.  Starting in 2023, the credit will be a maximum of $600 per year.  There is a full analysis here.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-law-changes/discussion/faq-revisions-to-section-25c-energy-eff...

energy efficient window install

Could the salesperson be referring to some State tax credit, and/or manufacturer's rebate?  Ask for a specific citation.   But also see:

How to qualify for Inflation Reduction Act climate tax breaks, rebates (cnbc.com)