You would be able to claim these reimbursed closing costs as a job-related miscellaneous expense.
These deductible miscellaneous expenses are subject to a 2% AGI limitation and are only deductible if you itemize.
To enter your job-related expenses in TurboTax Online or Desktop, please follow these steps:
- Once you are in your tax return, click on the “Federal Taxes” tab
- Next click on “Deductions and credits”
- Next click on "jump to full list" or “I’ll choose what I work on”
- Scroll down the screen until to come to the section “Employment Expenses”
- Choose "show more", then Job-related expenses and follow the onscreen instructions
- Say "yes" to question "Did you have any of these expenses in 2016 for your W-2 income?" under the screen titled "Employment Expenses Related to a W-2".
- after about 6 to 10 question screens, you will get to a screen titled "Any Other Expenses" you can put this information here "taxable relocation expenses"