Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vallerimelton
Returning Member

Does using the taxpayer certainty and disaster relief act cause returns to be late?

I claimed the taxpayer certainty and disaster relief act and was able to use last years AGI because most of my income this year was from unemployment due to the pandemic. I got a date of March 6th for my return, but have not received them. On the Where is my refund site it now just says my return is still being processed. Did claiming the relief cause my return to be late, or could it be late for another reason?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
RayW7
Expert Alumni

Does using the taxpayer certainty and disaster relief act cause returns to be late?

Yes, it is possible that anything related to disaster relief will cause a minor delay in receiving your refund.

The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days. However, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer.

Per the IRS website- 

Our phone and walk-in representatives can research the status of your refund if it's been 21 days or more since you filed electronically, more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return or if the Where’s My Refund? tool directs you to contact us.

You can use the tool to start checking on the status of your return within 24 hours after we have received your e-filed return or 4 weeks after you mail a paper return. Where’s My Refund? has a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies